Today ACR+ hosted at its premises in Brussels representatives of municipal and regional authorities, consultants and other waste practitioners to discuss Pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) and Know-as-you-throw (KAYT) schemes during a day-long seminar.
Organised under the LIFE-REthinkWASTE project, the seminar gave participants the opportunity to learn about noteworthy cases in PAYT and KAYT that have been carried out in recent years in several European countries.
The event was streamed live on YouTube and it can be watched at this link.
Here below the links to the presentations delivered during the morning session:
- Twan van Leeuwen | PNO Consultants and COLLECTORS project | PAYT in Berlin and Tubbergen
- Milene Matos | Lousada Municipality | Receive as you Throw in Lousada
- Teresa Guerrero | Catalan Waste Agency | PAYT and KAYT in Catalonia | Presentation and video
- Luca Del Col Balletto | Partitalia | The case of Miglianico
- Michele Giavini | ARS Ambiente | Introduction to PAYT and KAYT & the case of Bergamo
- Sven Peeters | MIYA Waste App
- Tiziana Benassi | PAYT in Parma
- Luigi Cuomo | Penisolaverde | The Ecological Treasure Island in Sorrento
- Miguel Varela | Teimas | Rewarding recycling through Tropaverde